Bubbler / Aerator Guidelinds
The use of bubbler/aerators in winter is not recommended by the CBCA. If a member chooses to use these devices, the member should follow these rules:
- Bubbler/aerators when used during the winter months should be used with caution.
- Bubblers should not be operated when the temperature is above 28 degrees.
- Bubblers should be run, only long enough to clear the ice away from an area not to exceed 10’ beyond the dock or boat lift.
- Ice should be allowed to reform too approximately ½ inch before the bubbler is reactivated.
- Bubblers should be monitored and managed effectively.
- Extreme caution should be used by anyone who goes on the ice, in any part of the lake at all times.